Saturday, February 12, 2011

Luiza Vizoli

Etsy.com is a great way to discover up-and-coming artists and find great handmade items. Think of Etsy like the eBay for all things handmade- minus the auction.

I’m an Etsy member and I love checking out the “Art” section of the website. You can find anything from quick doodles to amazing works of art.

One of my favorite artists that I’ve discovered is Luiza Vizoli (username: LUIZAVIZOLI) - a European native, who’s now living in Minnesota.

Here is one of my favorite works from her:
"Seasons Serenade"


Her description reads:

“SEASONS SERENADE ORIGINAL ABSTRACT MODERN FANTASY TREE LANDSCAPE WHIMSICAL LARGE PAINTING
Medium: oil,acrylic,varnish on gallery-wrapped cotton canvas(staples are on back, not on sides).The sides are painted.
Support: wooden stretcher bars.”

Vizoli has a common theme to her artwork. Most portray abstract plant life but you can find various abstract geometrics as well. I admire her style and her use of color. I also find her composition interesting in that she uses all of her workspace. There rarely is a focal point. She always paints the canvas colorfully vibrant and full of life.
"Wild Flowers"


Vizoli has had great success on Etsy and I hope to see more of her in the future. 
I can see myself adorning my future home with some of her pieces.


I really suggest checking her shop page here and also checking out what else Etsy.com has to offer. 

2 comments:

  1. Had to stop by to say, LOVE the blog title! It's funny/clever and the content/design is also very pleasant!

    PS: I definitely like "Season's Serenade"

    ReplyDelete