Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Joining the MACteam

As mentioned before, I had to find a client and do their PR for my Media Writing course. I showed some interest in the Monongalia Arts Center, The MAC. I even went to the gallery opening and networked with a few heads and finally met Ro.

Well last week I finally had my meeting with the director, Ro Brooks. It lasted FOUR hours! We were having fun chatting about art and the community, the time seemed to slip by us. We talked about my assignment and what I'm going to be doing for The MAC. We bounced ideas off each other and our creativity was flowing. Talks of managing social media, helping coordinate events, writing press releases and newspaper articles were in the works. Possible open-mic nights, auditions for MACglee, and different types of classes were also talked about.

"Here-- you'll be needing this for your green tea!" -Ro Brooks
The meeting was just last week and we are still working on particular items but I'm glad to say that I'm joining forces with the "Macadoodle," as Ro calls it, until I graduate in December. I'm anxious to learn and gain experience from this opportunity!

Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment